Pneumatic Ball Valves
Pneumatic Ball Valves
What is a pneumatic ball valve?
Pneumatic ball valve is a ball valve equipped with a pneumatic actuator. The execution speed of the pneumatic actuator is relatively fast. The fastest switching speed is 0.05 seconds / time, so it is usually also called pneumatic quick cut-off ball valve. Pneumatic ball valve is usually equipped with various accessories, such as solenoid valve, air source treatment triplet, limit switch, positioner, control box, etc., to realize local control and remote centralized control. The valve can be controlled in the control room without running to the site or high altitude and dangerous areas for manual control, which saves human resources, time and safety to a great extent.
Classification of pneumatic ball valves
The specific categories of pneumatic ball valves are: stainless steel pneumatic ball valve, plastic pneumatic ball valve, sanitary pneumatic ball valve, carbon steel pneumatic ball valve, two vent pneumatic ball valve, three vent pneumatic ball valve and four vent pneumatic ball valve.
The ball of pneumatic ball valve is floating. Under the action of medium pressure, the ball can produce a certain displacement and press tightly on the sealing surface of the outlet end to ensure the sealing of the outlet end.
The floating pneumatic ball valve has simple structure and good sealing performance, but the load of the working medium borne by the ball is transmitted to the outlet sealing ring. Therefore, it is necessary to consider whether the sealing ring material can withstand the working load of the ball medium. This structure is widely used in medium and low pressure ball valves.
The ball of pneumatic ball valve is fixed and does not move after being pressurized. Fixed ball valves are equipped with floating valve seats. After being subjected to medium pressure, the valve seats move, so that the sealing ring is tightly pressed on the ball to ensure sealing. Bearings are usually installed on the upper and lower shafts of the ball, with small operating torque. It is suitable for high-pressure and large-diameter valves. In order to reduce the operating torque of pneumatic ball valve and increase the reliability of sealing, oil sealed ball valve appears. It not only injects special lubricating oil between sealing surfaces to form an oil film, which not only enhances the sealing performance, but also reduces the operating torque. It is more suitable for high-pressure and large-diameter ball valve.
The ball of pneumatic ball valve is elastic. The ball and valve seat sealing ring are made of metal materials, and the sealing specific pressure is very large. The pressure of the medium itself can not meet the sealing requirements, so external force must be applied. This valve is suitable for high temperature and high pressure media.
The elastic sphere is formed by opening an elastic groove at the lower end of the inner wall of the sphere to obtain elasticity. When the channel is closed, the wedge head of the valve rod is used to open the ball and compress it with the valve seat to achieve sealing. Loosen the wedge head before rotating the ball, and the ball will return to its original shape, resulting in a small gap between the ball and the valve seat, which can reduce the friction and operating torque of the sealing surface.
Pneumatic ball valve can be divided into straight through type, three-way type and right angle type according to its channel position. The latter two ball valves are used to distribute media and change the flow direction of media.
Product features of pneumatic ball valve
The pneumatic ball valve actuator is made of aluminum alloy die-casting process, and the surface is hardened, with beautiful appearance, which is conducive to installation and transportation.
The pneumatic ball valve adopts the aluminum alloy piston made by die-casting process to ensure the symmetry of double pistons. With high-quality O-ring and guide valve, it can provide high torque input and air pressure ratio. The double guide rail and piston design ensure the constant output torque.
The piston guide belt adopts large contact area, self-lubricating design, high-strength materials to ensure low friction, and the normal service life can reach 1 million times
The valve body is designed and cast by precision casting process, with reasonable structure. It can achieve bubble level seal, small opening and closing torque and long service life.
There is an anti-static device between the valve body and the valve stem, and the valve stem is designed with an explosion-proof device, which can be used in a variety of harsh occasions. Beautiful appearance, reliable quality and other advantages.
The pneumatic ball valve can be equipped with limit switch, air filtration pressure reducing valve, hand wheel mechanism and solenoid valve.
Application of pneumatic ball valve
The working principle of pneumatic ball valve is to make the valve unblocked or blocked by rotating the valve core. The pneumatic ball valve has the advantages of light switch and small volume. It can be made into a large diameter, reliable sealing, simple structure and convenient maintenance. The sealing surface and spherical surface are often closed and are not easy to be eroded by the medium. It is widely used in various industries.
Pneumatic ball valve and plug valve belong to the same type of valve. Only its closing part is a ball. The ball rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close.
Pneumatic ball valve is mainly used to cut off fast, distribute and change the flow direction of medium in the pipeline. Pneumatic ball valve is a new type of valve, which has the following advantages:
- 1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to that of the pipe section with the same length.
- 2. Simple structure, small volume and light weight.
- 3. It is tight and reliable. The sealing surface of the ball valve is widely made of plastic with good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in the vacuum system.
- 4. It is easy to operate and open and close quickly. It only needs to rotate 90 ° from full open to full close, which is convenient for remote control.
- 5. Convenient maintenance, simple structure of pneumatic ball valve, generally movable sealing ring, and convenient disassembly and replacement.
- 6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and valve seat shall be isolated from the medium. When the medium passes through, it will not cause the erosion of the valve sealing surface.
- 7. It has a wide range of applications, ranging from small to several millimeters and large to several meters. It can be applied from high vacuum to high pressure.
- 8. Because the power source of pneumatic ball valve is gas, which is generally 0.2-0.8mpa, it is relatively safe. If the pneumatic ball valve leaks, compared with hydraulic and electric, the gas can be discharged directly, which has no pollution to the environment and high safety.
- 9. Compared with manual and turbine rotary ball valves, pneumatic ball valves can be configured with large diameter. (manual and turbine rotary ball valves are generally below DN300 diameter, and pneumatic ball valves can reach DN1200 diameter.)
Pneumatic ball valve has been widely used in petroleum, chemical industry, power generation, papermaking, atomic energy, aviation, rocket and other departments, as well as people’s daily life.
Installation and daily maintenance of pneumatic ball valve
Confirm the preparation before installation of pneumatic ball valve
- 1. Ensure that the installation position of the pneumatic ball valve is at the coaxial position, and the two flanges on the pipeline shall be kept parallel. Confirm that the pipeline can bear the weight of the pneumatic ball valve. If it is found that the pipeline can not bear the weight of the pneumatic ball valve, the pipeline shall be equipped with corresponding support before installation.
- 2. Confirm whether there are impurities and welding slag in the pipeline, and purge the pipeline.
- 3. Check the nameplate of the pneumatic ball valve, fully open and close the pneumatic ball valve for several times, confirm that the ball valve can work normally, and then comprehensively check all details of the pneumatic ball valve to ensure that the pneumatic ball valve is intact.
- 4. Remove the protective covers at both ends of the pneumatic ball valve, check whether the valve body is clean, and clean the inner cavity of the valve body. Since the sealing surface of the pneumatic ball valve is in the shape of a ball, even small sundries may cause damage to the sealing surface.
Installation of pneumatic ball valve
- 1. Any section of the pneumatic ball valve can be installed at the upstream end. The pneumatic ball valve must be installed vertically, and the inlet and outlet of the ball valve shall be in a horizontal position.
- 2. The sealing gasket shall be installed between the flange of pneumatic ball valve and pipeline flange according to the pipeline design requirements.
- 3. The bolts on the flange shall be tightened symmetrically, step by step and evenly.
- 4. Please complete the installation of air source and power supply according to the instructions for the wiring and connection of pneumatic ball valve.
Inspection after installation of pneumatic ball valve
- 1. After installation, start the ball valve to open and close several times. It should act flexibly, bear uniform force, and the ball valve works normally.
- 2. According to the design requirements of pipeline pressure, the sealing performance of the joint surface of ball valve and pipeline flange shall be tested after pressure is connected.
Ordering instructions for pneumatic ball valves
- 1. Valve products: if there is a specified model standard, please contact the sales department to inquire about the price.
- 2. Technical support: if the product model and specification are not specified, please send the working condition requirements, design drawings and technical specifications to the company by fax or e-mail.
- 3. Product ordering parameters: diameter (DN), nominal pressure (MPA), temperature (℃), connection mode (thread, flange, clamp, etc.).
- 4. Product driving mode: manual, worm gear, pneumatic, electric, etc.
- 5. Product standards: national standard GB, Japanese Standard JIS, American Standard ANSI, German standard DIN, British Standard BS, European standard EN, etc.
- 6. Quotation confirmation: the company will provide the quotation list and technical standard description to the customer for confirmation, and draw up the contract after the technical confirmation of both parties.
- 7. Valve quality requirements, quality standards and conditions for the supplier’s responsibility for quality: according to relevant national quality standards.
China pneumatic ball valves manufacturer www.sfutube.com supplies pneumatic ball valve for industrial use, in kinds of materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, etc.
List of Valves
China Valves Manufacturer www.sfutube.com offers pneumatically actuated 3-piece ball valve.